HISTORY

The origins of the grange date back to the early 18th century when Count Nicholas Taafe originally ordered the estate to be constructed. The main building on the estate which houses the present day restaurant and hotel and the stables were built in 1767. The L shaped complex of barns was completed shortly thereafter in 1832. The northeastern gable is decorated with the coat of arms of the Counts Taafe. Later the grange was in the possession of the Larisch-Moenich family.

After World War II the estate was run by the State Ministry of Agriculture as all lands from landed gentry became property of the state post Soviet occupation. However after independence was granted to the Czech Republic it was registered as private property and remains so to present day.

Finally in January 2002, Dvůr Olšiny was declared a national cultural monument by the Czech Ministry of Culture.

 

Dvůr Olšiny

Dvůr Olšiny